CGZipLibrary

More
15 years 8 months ago #947 by Regina717
Replied by Regina717 on topic CGZipLibrary
Hi -
I got pulled off this project and now have been looking at it again. Sorry for the long delay :( . I am using the ClickOnce/Publish wizard and have come to the conclusion that I need to somehow link those .dll's in there somewhere. What is the secret - what am I missing?
Thanks again,
Regina

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #948 by Pete
Replied by Pete on topic CGZipLibrary
What you have to do is to create a CAB file for each dll you wish to include with your ClickOnce deployment and modify the application manifest using either "mage.exe", "mageui.exe" or the open source "Manifest Management Utility" to include the CAB file as a ".deploy" deployment file.

Let me know if you need further clarification about this. I may write a blog about it if you need more info. :wink:

Pete

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

More
15 years 8 months ago #949 by Regina717
If you would please - it would be very helpful. THANKS

More
15 years 7 months ago #971 by Regina717
I've been working at it but still am unable to install my application and have it run. The problem still being unable to find the unzip.dll.

More
15 years 7 months ago #972 by Pete
Put each of the 2 additional DLL in a CAB file in your project. You will then need an open source software called manifest management utility to modify the .application file and .manifest files to include these additional DLL.

I haven't had time to write you a step by step tutorial yet but I should be able to write you one within the next week or so.

Pete

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

More
15 years 7 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #973 by Pete
Oh, I forgot to tell you, the Manifest Manager Utility can be downloaded from the following URL:

www.codeplex.com/smartclient/Pro ... oadId=5060

It is part of the "Patterns and Practices - Smart Client Guidance" project on "Code Plex". Here is the project home page:

www.codeplex.com/smartclient

I have also created a compiled installer version of this utility that I am attaching to this message in a zip file. You can simply run the ".msi" file to install it on your machine:

File Attachment:

File Name: ManifestMa...lity.zip
File Size:374 KB

I am in the process of writing you that tutorial for Click Once. Once I am done I will publish it on "Code Project" website and post a link here.

Pete

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Pete.

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds