CGZipLibrary

More
15 years 10 months ago #931 by Regina717
CGZipLibrary was created by Regina717
Hi,
I am resurrecting a VB 6.0 program that used the CGZipLibrary dll. I was able to get it to work within VB .NET using instructions I found on the digioz site. Thanks so much for that. But the problem is I have it working in the debugger but not when I publish the program. When I execute the published version, I get an error that the unzip is not found. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks,
Regina

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #932 by Pete
Replied by Pete on topic CGZipLibrary
Hello Regina,

When you distribute your application, as part of your distribution you have to register the CGZipLibrary on the client machine. Are you doing that?

Pete

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

More
15 years 10 months ago #933 by Regina717
Replied by Regina717 on topic CGZipLibrary
Okay - that's good to know. I thought I had registered it but did again using the regsvr32.exe program. When I run my application the entire error is '53 Form1::cmdUnZip_Click File not found: unzip32.dll'. Any thoughts on that?

More
15 years 10 months ago #934 by Pete
Are you including all 3 dll with the application distribution? Looks like you are missing one.

Pete

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

More
15 years 10 months ago #935 by Regina717
Replied by Regina717 on topic CGZipLibrary
Hi,
I did try to register all three but was getting an error on the unzip32.dll and the zip32.dll. The message '... dll was loaded but the DIRegisterServer entry point was not found. This file can not be registered.' The third file CGZipLibrary is fine.

When I distribute the application, is there a way to set it up so the files are automatically registered on the client? Can I set that up when I publish?

Thanks!

More
15 years 10 months ago #936 by Pete
You don't need to register "zip32.dll" and "Unzip32.dll". You simply need to include them with the application you distribute. They still have to exist in the same directory as CGZipLibrary.dll though, when you distribute your application. CGZipLibrary on the other hand "has" to be registered (and it looks like you are already doing that).

If you are creating .NET installers, there is an option in the installer to register DLL during installation. Its a bit more complicated with ClickOnce / Publish over web deployment though.

Pete

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds