HELP NEEDED FOR COMMUNICATION WITH INGENICO I3070

More
16 years 2 months ago #867 by ftajammul
Dear Pete

I am currently assigned a task to communicate with ingenico i3070. Searched everywhere but could not find a word on how to communicate with this device. The Ingenico support just sent a CPX emulation guide and nothing else.

Just got a break when saw a post on your blog that you recently did it with POS for .NET. Can you please guide me on how to start and establish a communication?

A Sample code will be highly appropriated.

Thanks in Advance.

Faisal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 2 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #869 by Pete
Hello Faisal,

Good to hear that people read my blogs! I know it can be quite frustrating to have to deal with this issue, so I will do my best to help.

Attached is a VB.NET 1.1 Sample Windows Form Project I wrote containing both a VB.NET Class I wrote and a sample usage of it to communicate with both Ingenico i3070 and i6550 Credit Card Readers. Make sure to first download the POS for .NET 1.1 from the following link:

www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx...7A242&displaylang=en

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Pete.

More
16 years 2 months ago #887 by aaldrich
Pete,

Thank you so much for the example. I purchased a i6550 USB model but your code says it is not present. I looked in the code where you loop through looking for devices
Code:
For Each loDevice In ccDevices ' Create Line Display Object ---------------------------------------------------- If loDevice.Type = "LineDisplay" And loDevice.ServiceObjectName = "Ing6XXX" Then coDeviceLD = loDevice End If ' Create MSR Object ------------------------------------------------------------- If loDevice.Type = "Msr" And loDevice.ServiceObjectName = "Ing6XXX" Then coDeviceMSR = loDevice End If

All I have are some Microsoft Simulators. I'm just curious why mine doesn't show up and yours did. Were you using the USB model?

Thank you for providing us with all the information you have found out so far.

More
16 years 2 months ago #888 by Pete

aaldrich wrote: Pete,

Thank you so much for the example. I purchased a i6550 USB model but your code says it is not present. I looked in the code where you loop through looking for devices

Code:
For Each loDevice In ccDevices ' Create Line Display Object ---------------------------------------------------- If loDevice.Type = "LineDisplay" And loDevice.ServiceObjectName = "Ing6XXX" Then coDeviceLD = loDevice End If ' Create MSR Object ------------------------------------------------------------- If loDevice.Type = "Msr" And loDevice.ServiceObjectName = "Ing6XXX" Then coDeviceMSR = loDevice End If

All I have are some Microsoft Simulators. I'm just curious why mine doesn't show up and yours did. Were you using the USB model?

Thank you for providing us with all the information you have found out so far.

Hello aaldrich,

I actually also did my testing with the i3070 using the USB connection. But there is something about the i3070 default factory setting that defaults to COM communication, even if you hook it up through USB. I ended up changing a lot of the switches based on the developer specifications that Ingenico had on their site to get it to run through USB instead of COM. You have to go through the setup menu on the actual device to do this.

See if you can configure it using the above description. If not I can probably go back and dig up some of my old logs to give you a more detailed description on how to do this.

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

More
16 years 2 months ago #889 by aaldrich
OK, I got it figured out I think. I had to find the OPOS driver for the i6550, and believe me its not easy. Ingenico has been next to useless in giving it to me. I finally tracked it down here. www.posplus.com/downloads/Ingenico I hope that helps anyone that was having trouble not seeing the 6xxx in their POS list. I'll keep you updated on my progress Pete thx again :)

More
16 years 2 months ago #890 by Pete

aaldrich wrote: OK, I got it figured out I think. I had to find the OPOS driver for the i6550, and believe me its not easy. Ingenico has been next to useless in giving it to me. I finally tracked it down here. www.posplus.com/downloads/Ingenico I hope that helps anyone that was having trouble not seeing the 6xxx in their POS list. I'll keep you updated on my progress Pete thx again :)

Ah, ok! I kind of assumed you had already installed the OPOS driver. I guess I should have asked about that first. :)

Let me know how it goes with the rest of the project. I remember having another bump or two when I was doing it.

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds