Problems getting LAMP to installl

More
11 years 4 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #12777 by nar321
I am trying to get LAMP installed on Debian version 6 stable, the screenshots show the problem. I posted my problem as a comment to the LAMP tutorial and was told to take screenshots and get them inserted into the Forum.

Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Pete.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #12778 by Pete
For everyone else following this thread, the tutorial referred to is this one I wrote on the blog:

digioz.blogspot.com/2012/06/inst ... -easy.html

Since you are using a Debian Installation, you have to follow the following steps instead, since there is no YUM on that Distro as I said in my blog:

If you are on Ubuntu or LinuxMint or other Debian Distros it's even easier, but there is no YUM to use. Instead you will have to use "apt-get". The Advanced Packaging Tool, or APT, is a free user interface that works with core libraries to handle the installation and removal of software on the Debian GNU/Linux distribution and its variants. Take the following steps instead:

1. Install and run tasksel:

sudo apt-get install tasksel
sudo tasksel

2. You will be prompted with a software selection wizard. Select "LAMP Server" and hit Ok to install.

3. When prompted for MySQL password, enter a password for it and hit "OK".

4. Restart Apache to finish:

sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

5. Configure your firewall as before.

I hope this helps.

Pete

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

More
11 years 4 months ago #12785 by nar321
I had scrolled down far enough in the LAMP tutorial and was using sudo apt-get-install tasksel, then sudo tasksel which didn't show me any LAMP possibilty. Then I did a comment and was told to send screenshots to this forum which I did. So we are back to square one. The sad part about this, is that XAMPP in Windows is a snap(which since I prefer to work in Linux is really annoying). Sure I could dual boot, but since the Linux is already installed Windows create problems if I now tried to install it. I do have a Win 7 machine and if it comes to that I can use it for local web server installs viaXAMPP

More
11 years 4 months ago #12786 by Pete
You can always install LAMP on Debian the hard way, by following the following wiki article:

wiki.debian.org/LaMp

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds