Urgent help re: software for Ingenico i3070

More
13 years 1 week ago #1987 by Bigboy102
Hi Pete,

I'm in need of some help. After an exhausted online search without any clear answers, I stumbled upon your forum, hopefully you can help out.

I recently purchased an existing small retail business and I do gift fairs at various client locations as a way of bringing my business to the consumer. I've been looking at upgrading my payment system, and I decided to go with a portable solution that will allow me to process sales right away, at those client locations. As long as there was an internet connection, I would have access to my payment gateway. I would also like to issue my own gift cards to customers as they buy.

In order to curb expenses, I recently bought an Ingenico i3070 USB online and it didn't come with software, thinking this would be an easy portable solution for me.

I've done some homework and found these four software providers that seem to be what I need, but I'm not sure. They are, DataCard CardWizard, TRISM Instant Issuance, CreditLine Payment Processing Software and ActivCard. I've called each company to further my request and they all claim to be better than the other. The salesreps are obviously just there for new sales, and weren't helpful at all. They each wanted to upsell me hardware and software. 

The associated costs and fees that these providing companies charge for these services are sky high. It's not cheap, and I'm trying to work on a budget here.

So, I would appreciate your advice. I have the PinPad and my current computer O/S is Windows 7 (I have a laptop). Here are my questions.

- The i3070 PinPad is supposedly a 'plug and play' setup according to Ingenico, but my computer doesn't recognize the unit. How do I rectify this?
- Do I need to install JavaCard for my computer to recognize the PinPad or any associated software? If so, why? If the PinPad is plug and play, why is JavaCard needed?
- Is there software that you would recommend that will allow me to accept payment and also issue my own gift cards? An all-in-one software would be ideal, but not mandatory at this point, as long as it works.

I'm banging my head against the wall, and I'm not sure what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 week ago #1988 by Pete
Hey Dave,

Download the Ingenico OPOS driver and install it (same driver works for both i3070 and i6550). You can get them here for free:

www.posretailsolutions.com/Downl ... 0_OPOS.zip

If you are a programmer, you can use Microsoft POS for .NET to operate the whole device. To my knowledge however there is no Free Software out there to control the device if you are a non programmer, so if you don't program you will have to hire someone to write one for you.

Hope this helps.

Pete

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com

More
13 years 1 week ago #1989 by Bigboy102
Hi Pete, thanks for the quick response. I have a good understanding of programming, but I wouldn't go as far as saying that I'm a pro. I'm not that good lol. Marketing is my forte. I'll try the zip file and keep you posted.

Just to clerify, I'm not looking for a free program, as they are usually limited in functionality. I don't mind paying as long as it works, but I'm not sure which program is good.

Is there a program that you would be able to recommend?

Thanks for your help :)

Dave

More
13 years 5 days ago - 10 years 8 months ago #1990 by Pete
Hello Dave,

Unfortunately any companies that provide you with a software to operate the device would force you to signup with their full service. As for which one is better, it's a matter of taste, but I have worked with DataCard before and they seem to have their act together, so that may be a good option.

Personally as a programmer, I would custom code a Windows Application using POS for .NET that reads the Card Numbers and processes them through Authorize.NET which is very cheap.

Take a look at this thread:

www.digioz.com/component/kunena/15-micro...-with-ingenico-i3070

You can download the sample application I have created and play around with it to get started. The sample App does not include code for sending information to payment processing Gateway, but you can get that on Authorize.net API section.

Hope this helps.

Pete

DigiOz Webmaster
www.digioz.com
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Pete.

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds