Header and Footer files allow you to customize it to fit your web site
Image verification to prevent spam from automated bots from posting
IP blocking for protection from spammers
Administrative area for deleting entries and monitoring the IP of spammers
Support of an unlimited number of languages using Language file generator
Smiley face support for guestbook entries posted
Styling support for bold, underline, italic font and centered text
Search feature to search through guestbook entries
Sorting capability for sorting entries by oldest or newest entry
Ability to make the email, name or message fields optional
Admin email notification for messages posted (optional)
Flood protection to prevent users from posting spam posts over and over
Referring URL Check to make sure spam bots do not auto submit messages
Bad word filter which can be customized to filter out any bad word
More features to come!
- Option of the display New Entries First (on top of page) added
- Option to display New Entries Last (bottom of page) added
- Problem with displaying double and single quotes fixed
- HTML insertion in the body of guestbook entries has been disabled
- Smilie Face feature added to convert to smiley images.
- Default table background color changed from gray to white.
- Each Guestbook Entry is now stored on a new line in the list.txt file(Data Storage Change)
- System dynamically breaks guestbook entries into pages.
- You can choose how many guestbook entries per page you would like to view.
- Some display formatting was done on the file add.php to allow better viewing of results.
-Your Name entered will now have to be 40 or less characters.
-Your Email entered will now have to be 40 or less characters.
-You will have to entere an email address in the proper format
for the scrip to add the entry to the guestbook.
-Any words longer then 25 characters will now be broken up, to
avoid the resizing of the table with of the guestbook by odd
length word entries.
- Language files included for guestbook for the following languages:
- UBB Code added for BOLD, UNDERLINED, ITALIC, and CENTER formatting
of text entered in the guestbook
- Language files included for guestbook for the following languages were added:
- Email notification of administator was added.
- Option added for making Email, Name and/or Message optional.
- All configuration adjustments can now be made from config.php file.
- All functions moved to the "functions.php" file for easier inclusion.
- New PHP file "index.php" was added which redirects visitor to the entry fom. It aslo
Provides additional security by not allowing visitors to access the guestbook directory.
- GNU License was added to the script in order to make this code officially open source.
- HTML tags are now disabled in Name field
- Guestbook Entries are now stored as OBJECTS into the text file (Pete).
- New Administrative Interface Allows Admin to Delete Guestbook Entries Safely (Pete).
- Some bug fixes on the code thanks to Mike (mr pain) and Robbert (Thank you both).
- New Search Feature Added, which allows searching by any entry field (Thanks Mike).
- Language File generator form now allows admin to create their own wording for language.
- Option added to log visitor IP and Spammer IP Number and address.
- Ban option added based on visitor's IP Number.
- Spam block feature added based on keyword specified by admin in config.php file.
- Added Optional Image Verification Feature using GD library to avoid spam.
add.php - Added additional sanitization to the log write code config.php - moved the Guestbook version into this file footer.php - Removed the version of the Guestbook from this file to make it more difficult for hackers to identify the guestbook version. sanitize.php - Adds additional data sanitization functions to prevent XSS and script injection and remove special characters. search.php - Added additional data sanitation check to this file and fixed the paging issue. changelog.log - Removed this file and combined it with ReadMe.txt file for ease of
Note - For upgrade instructions from previous version 1.7.2 to 1.7.3 please read
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago#13741by Pete
- Added support to Recaptcha Image Verification in addition to the simple image verification that was available previously. You can now in config.php set the "image_verify" variable to 1 to get the simple version or 2 to get the Recaptcha version. If you chose 2, you will need to register at
and obtain a public and private key string from them, and enter it in the appropriate section in config.php.
- Changed the Copyright Year range to automatically increment the year as it changes.
- Removed the left over version text from the title.
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago#13759by Pete
The DigiOz Open Source Team is proud to present the DigiOz Guestbook Version 2.0.0.
- Added a Theme Engine to the Guestbook System to allow webmasters to create their own custom theme without having to understand the PHP Code
- Brought all Guestbook System Message Text into the language file in order to completely translate all aspects of the guestbook into the language chosen by the webmaster
- Changed the Guestbook Theme to a new Theme submitted by Paul Williamson (thanks Paul). The old theme is still in the guestbook and can be switched to by setting the theme variable to "simple" in the config.php file.
- Move the following files to the new "includes" folder: config.php, gbclass.php (now gb.class.php), random.php, sanitize.php.
- Removed the header.php and footer.php files. The header and footer are now controlled by the "themes/default/header.html" and "themes/default/footer.html" files.
- The number of entries shown on the Guestbook List can now be controlled from config.php.
- Completely new Pagination System, which only shows a maximum of 7 pages at a time, and slides forward and back based on the current page. We also added a first and last page button, along with the forward and backwards buttons.
- Completely new look for the Administrative Area.
- Added Graphic Design License Info to ReadMe.txt
- Updated the Dutch, German, Greek, Philippino and Swedish Language files to include system messages in the proper language.
- Added a Persian Language File to the list.
- Added Title for Admin Area Generate Language File Page
- Added blank index.html files to various directories to prevent listing of content of the directories.
- Fixed Cross Site Scripting issue with login.php form posting
- Cross-site request forgery (CSRF) Token Added to add form, along with CSRF Class added to the includes directory
Renamed the guestbook Class file "gb.class.php" from "gbclass.php" in order to be consistant with the syntax used for other class files.
- Search Page bug fix for navigation style
- Fixed the last page navigation button glitch
- Much much more ...
You can now download this version from
, or see the Demo
DigiOz Guestbook Version 2.0.1 has been released, which includes the following changes:
- Default Theme Gradient Stylesheet Bug fix for Internet Explorer, which prevented the background of message boxes to show a gradient for the default theme.
- Changed the shorthand "<?" PHP open tag notation to "<?php" which is the standard notation in order to avoid issues with the sanitize.php file not parsing on some web servers that do not support the shorthand notation.
In order to upgrade from previous version 2.0.0 to 2.0.1, please copy the following files from the new version and overwrite the old ones:
- Added Google reCaptcha Version 2.0 Support in addition to the previous reCaptcha Version 1.0 support and our in house image verification support. Please note that in order for you to use the new reCaptcha Version 2.0, you will have to obtain a brand new public and private key from Google as the old reCaptcha keys will no longer work with the new version of reCaptcha.
This feature was requested in the following thread:
Add the following files in that did not previously exist:
- Update your guestbook "$gb_version" parameter in the "includes/config.php" file from "2.0.1" to "2.0.2".
Recaptcha Version 2.0 Support:
In order to take advantage of Recaptcha Version 2.0:
- Open the "includes/config.php" file up, and change the "$image_verify" value to "3".
- Get a new public and private key pair from google.com/recaptcha. If you had a previous Version 1.0 key, remove them and replace your new ones under "$recaptcha_public_key" and "$recaptcha_private_key". If you didn't have an older key, get a new key and add them to the two above variables.